Monday, August 18, 2008

Naps...

Abi has been sleeping through the night like a champ for 3 weeks now - awesome! However naps have been a different story - she sleeps for 20-40 minutes and is awake and won't go back to sleep! I've wanted to try having her sleep on her tummy and see if she does better, but I've been too nervous. All the "experts" saying 'don't do it!!!' scared me... even though I know that we all slept on our stomachs and lived! :) Well, we got back from Mich last night and today I decided to let her sleep on her tummy. Actually - I put her down for her nap on her back and she slept for about 40 minutes and didn't look like she had any plans of going back to sleep! Well - I rolled her over and she cried for a while and fell back to sleep. I had to wake her up 2 1/2 hours later!! I was so surprised! We'll have to wait and see if it keeps working. P.S. I've been in to check on her at least every 10 minutes! :)



1 comment:

thecolonelswife said...

i know how you feel! Saebella has slept on her stomach for months - that was the only way we got any sleep at all. but my goodness, those first few days and nights I was checking on her all the time. i still check on her at least 4 times a night. never thought i would be a "paranoid" mom!