Monday, September 15, 2014

Hurting Heart


My heart is just a little achy this afternoon...  Last week both my babies headed off to school.  I thought I was fine...  now I'm not so sure.  This past weekend proved that they are both (mostly Abi) struggling with the transition to growing up...  I just dropped Dan off at preK, went to Home Depot for trim and came home.  I walked in the door and started sobbing. Where did that come from??  

Is it because I'm worried that Abi doesn't want to go to school in the mornings?  She's always loved school!  1st grade has no play time and lots of learning... Its proving to be a tough transition for her. That along with a new "big kid" Sunday school class is proving to be a lot for her all at once!

Is it because my baby is in preK and I don't know where the time went?  But I've been excited about all this and looking forward to it!  Why is it so hard?  I haven't even figured out how to be a good Mom yet, and now they're spending too much time with other people!

Is it because I'm just so tired of work stress - and by that I mean just the stress of trying to get hrs. And then when I do get hrs, they are crappy hrs and I'm tired?

Is it just because I'm tired?

Is it because I made a choice to go deeper with God?  And I've actually been in the Word this week and I feel more discouraged than I ever have!?

...I'm sure Its a little bit of all of the above...

But today my heart feels a little bruised... 


No comments: