Saturday, January 16, 2010

Please don't do that again...

I wasn't aware of Abi ever trying to climb out of bed before... but she got an idea in her head and it was done - not with any great finesse - just done. She was tired Wednesday night; Corey and Patrick had been playing with her and it was an hour passed her bedtime. I put her in bed and somehow thought that she was asleep. Kris and I were talking, and I was on my hands and knees cleaning up the mud in the entryway... ...I've never heard a more heart stopping crash. Nor have I ever made it up 6 steps and down a hall faster - Kris right on my heals. She cried for a couple minutes and then was fine - couldn't even find a bump or bruise - and she was ready to "play toys!!" None the worse for wear - she was ready to go. After 20 minutes of hugging, smothering her with kisses, telling her never to do that again (what do you mean she doesn't understand that?) and letting my heart rate slow to a speed not indicative of serious cardiac issues, we put her back to bed. As she lay down she said, "Fall!" "Fall!!" "I fall!!" ....Yes you did, baby girl, please don't do that again!

... and so I leave you with a couple pictures of a genius 1-year-old and other "ideas" she has recently come up with!


No comments: