Saturday, August 08, 2009

Still Alive!

We are all still very much alive! It's just been busy and I haven't found the time for blogging! I've been trying to keep up with the "Odd Days project" and even that is suffering. Abi is walking now and getting into everything... ...makes it a little hard to get to things... Since its been 2 months since I posted perhaps I'll just do some short recaps...

-Early June we went to Florida for 10 days with Ty, Beth, Mercy, Aaron, Melissa, and Mandy and her family. We rented an awesome condo in Daytona Beach and it would have been wonderful, but Abi was sick the ENTIRE time... :( A trip to Urgent Care and 2 trips to the ER and we still don't know if she just had an ear infection with an allergic reaction to the abx? Or if she had the Roseola virus with an ear infection on top of it?? In any case - it was SUCH a rough week and we still desperately need a vacation!

-We're hoping to try to do a little weekend camping trip later this year - we'll see how that goes. At least we will stay closer to home in case things go badly! :)

-I haven't actually had to work over at Sam again, yet... Since going on vacation I've been able to get plenty of hours at Memorial. I'm happy about that - cause that's where I'd rather be anyway.

-Abi started walking in the middle of July and hasn't stopped! She took her first 2 steps on a Sunday morning, and by Tuesday was walking all over the house! She just wouldn't stop till she had this new skill figured out! She's so completely fun to watch with all the new things she's learning and doing. She makes us laugh all the time! Sometimes I get frustrated by all the things she gets into and the fact that she doesn't listen to the word "no" (though she knows exactly what it means!) But in general we could just watch her and laugh all the time!

-I'm contemplating starting Abigail on just one nap a day on Monday and see how that goes. Nap #2 has been a huge fight all week so I'm wondering if it's time? We'll see... I'm not really sure she's ready yet, but its worth a try.

- This summer has been sooooooo cold and rainy. It was about 50 degrees out last night - IN AUGUST!! What is up with that? The pool is not really swimm-able - its just too cold! And it won't warm up because of all the rain... ugh!

- Grandaddy is not doing well at all and I'm sure will not be with us for long. Its so hard to watch and I'm worried about what Grandmommy will do after he's gone. He's on hospice now and quickly going down hill. Mama called last night to tell me that if I want to see him again I should get there quickly... I'm so sad... If I knew for sure where he was headed then I would be happy for him to go and be at peace, but I don't... It hurts to not know and to wonder... I wish there was more time and I had a chance to share with him, but his mind has been gone for a couple years already... Only God knows where his heart really is...

-On a lighter note... I HATE CHIPMUNKS!!! They won't leave my gardens alone and I don't for the life of me know what to do! I've gotten so desperate that I even put out rat traps, but they just take whatever I put on them and stare at me defiantly... Oh, what to do? Our yard is over run by rodents.... chipmunks, squirrels, moles, and rabbits - I'd love to be rid of all of them. I enjoy gardening and I can't grow anything without it being destroyed!! It makes me so upset! I think next year we may try to pay someone to get our yard looking better (if we're able to afford it.) We don't really have grass - just a bunch of weeds and dirt with millions of ant hills thrown in... Its a horrid yard for a little babe who wants to run around outside! We want it to be someplace that she can just play safely and its not right now. We did quite a bit to try to help it out to no avail this year so we're hoping to get help next year...

-Summer is going to quickly and we're trying to find fun things to do to enjoy what's left of it. Last night we took Abi and went to the park. Kris and Fred have discovered the wonderful world of disc golf and are loving it! Kris just got his own set of discs yesterday so he wanted to try them out. Abi LOVED it! She just kept running around trying to get the discs and taking them away. It was great to be able to set her down and just let her run all over that park! The picture up top is of her at the park after she discovered the ducks - she was running around trying to catch them. It was sooooo stinkin cute!!

No comments: