Thursday, August 07, 2008

More Abigail pics :)

How sweet is this picture? :) I love it! I think that Abi is starting to recognize our faces. So far Kris and I are the only ones that get those adorable big smiles. She doesn't mind anyone else, but she just stares at them...
Lately Abi's happiest time are laying on her back on the living room floor! She's smiling more and more and starting to coo. It's just way to cute - she gets so excited!


















Bath time! Gotta love a towel with a crown - she's our little princess...! She loves the bath, but really isn't too fond of the towel and dry off time.
My little lady was 2 months old already on August 2nd! I can't believe how fast the time is flying by already! These are her 2 month shots below - with my most favorite dress of hers.







And now, poor Abi is tired - so many pictures - I need to sleep now...




I guess that my blog has become an "Abigail picture place." :) There are just too many that are just too cute in my opinion! Besides I can't believe how the time is flying and how big she's getting... before I know it she'll be all grown up and I'll be sad! She went for her 2 month check up on Monday - complete with 3 shots and an oral vaccine. That was all heartbreaking to watch. Why must they make the mothers hold them in place while they're being tortured? I almost cried! She did fine though, and calmed down pretty quickly. I think they kind of messed her up for a couple days though. She had so much trouble getting any sleep during the day for the last 2 days. I was worried that she was constipated - highly unusual for her not to go for 2 days - but that fear was resolved last night. Sorry Honey, I know you had fun taking that poo bath! I'm glad it wasn't me this time! :)
We've been working on getting little Abi used to a bottle - its been rough, but I think that she's finally getting better at it! I have to go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks - ugh. I have mixed feelings on that front. I'm nervous for one - I think that I forgot everything! I'm very grateful that I have the opportunity to go per-diam so I'll only be working 2 shifts per week, but still I'll miss being home with Kris when he's home. I guess it'll be good to get out of the house and all. Honestly - I think I'd miss it if I never went back to work - good thing I don't have a choice. I'm just selfish and want to be able to have all my time with my Honey and my Babe...
Next weekend is Ty and Beth's wedding (Aug 16th) in Michigan. We fly out on Thursday. I hope that all goes smoothly with the baby. I'm a little nervous about taking her on the plane and about trying to get her to sleep while we're there... I'm praying that all goes smoothly. I've been making lists in my head all week of all the things that I need to pack! Wow - its so different to try to travel with a little one than it was with just the 2 of us! I'm sure I'll forget something important! Its unbelievable how much stuff is required for a little baby!

1 comment:

thecolonelswife said...

isn't it crazy how quickly they grow? it seems increadible impossible that it has been almost a year already that we brought our little sweetie home!

that little dress is so adorable!! i understand about the shots - i had the same reaction. i still can barely stand it.

hope you have fun at the wedding (and trip there!). just know - there is just about nothing that can't be replaced if truly needed! i had similiar fears when we took our trip to IA. I think I only forgot a couple things for me - you're a good planner, so I am sure things will go smoothly!