Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shock!

Just thought I'd put a little note of my shock in here... Abi slept 9 hours last night. She hasn't gone more that 5 in a couple weeks and I was getting discouraged again. It was funny - I woke up at 2:30 when she usually does and was so surprised that all was quiet! I lay in bed just waiting for her to wake up and she never did till 6am!

Last week she finally started to get onto somewhat of a schedule - what a relief! She started sleeping better for naps and consequently being a much happier babe. Then over the weekend I was in Statia's wedding and that threw everything for a loop! :) I had the rehearsal on Friday, but she was OK that evening. The wedding was an evening wedding with the reception on the Captain JP Cruise. It was lovely, but being on the boat for 4 hours where it was noisy got her overstimulated and all messed up - plus she was about 2 hours late for her bedtime. Its funny really - she did so well all that day, but I was so stressed worrying about what it would do to her! (Statia - if you're reading this I'm not complaining - just journaling... :) It was a lovely wedding!) Anyway - little Abigail was all messed up for a couple days, but she's getting beautifully back on track. I'm amazed at how much of a happier baby she is when she naps well - its incredible. Now - hopefully she'll sleep well again tonight!

On a side note, Kris is practicing to run a 5K at the end of Sept. I think that just about everyone else I know is running now too... Starts to make me think that I want to - may be a good way to loose weight! I was 185 when Abi was born and I'm down to 160 now... But I have been for about a month. I have 25 lbs to go to be where I want to be (only 15 to be down to pre-pregnancy weight). Seems hard to get there, but I want to very much. I don't think I'm a runner, but Kris went running tonight and it seemed like fun... we'll see. I think that I'll have to get about 3 heavy-duty sports bras and layer them up... Hmmm...

2 comments:

milo said...

"but Kris went running tonight and it seemed like fun"

What are you, drunk?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she slept so well last night for you! :-)

Jessica B.