Sunday, May 31, 2009

Napping update...

I hesitate to write this - lest by some strange turn of events I jix myself. That's not possible silly - I don't believe in superstition!! Well - our little babe who has been a HORRID sleeper since she was born seems to be doing better. I completely lost it about 3 weeks ago and decided that I couldn't stand it a day longer, so I pulled out the book "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Baby." I read the chapter about kids her age and I can't believe how much it seems to have helped. What did we do? One, small... little... change... We moved her bedtime forward by one hour. That's it. Period. She now goes to bed at 7pm instead of 8pm. That's it. Period. And our life has changed. She's no longer totally over tired all the time and bouncing off the walls. She takes great naps usually twice per day. (Don't get me wrong - we still have bad days some times...) Weekends are a little harder - when Kris and I are both home she just wants to play with us and usually takes about an hour to get herself to sleep - or doesn't sleep at all. But in general things are getting better - I'm sooooo relieved! Its been a rough year - just due to lack of sleep! Because its been tough, I still freak out every time we have a rough day, but I'm so grateful and praising God that things seem to be better. It makes me love and enjoy my time with Abigail so much!!

No comments: