Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My brand-new Broken car :(

This was what my beutiful brand-new car looked like till yesterday morning on my way to work...

Two months and 1 car payment later - it now looks like this...




I know, I know - it really isn't all that bad - could have been much worse. I have 2 questions. First why did the man in front of me slam on his breaks and stop in the middle of the intersection? (I understand that the sun was just coming up and the lighting was very harsh - blah, blah, blah) :) Second - why is there a stupid insurance law that says its my fault because I hit him - even though he told the cop 3 times that it was his fault?!? Ouch - my heart hurts. I know its just an earthly possession, but its a very expensive one and its probably the only brand new car that I will ever own...! I'm very sad right now. Just waiting now for the insurance people to come take a look at it Thursday morning so I can go get it fixed. Ugh - This dips into the "house fund".

Kris' car has also been in the shop... ...4times this week! That check engine light won't stay off and the car is one month passed inspection! Just praying that its all fixed now... This hasn't been a good car week for us.

Really I must not complain. We have been and continue to be so blessed in so many ways - this week has just been a bit of a setback...

1 comment:

thecolonelswife said...

I feel you, sis! That is really heartbreaking, but what a great ending - focusing our hearts on all that we do have!

Rod and I are having a "bad" week (if you will) financially as well -but more to do with the job than anything - although one car doesn't like the cold, and the other is back in the shop...

Praise the Lord He is faithful to provide - we are clinging to Him for answers in this!